Awards & Recognition
Florida Hospital's reputation for outstanding patient care is driven by the commitment of our nurses to excellence in practice, leadership, education, and research.
To celebrate that commitment, Florida Hospital sponsors an annual nursing award and recognition program for nurses whose achievements support our mission and demonstrate excellence in modeling the Florida Hospital values of integrity, compassion, balance, excellence, stewardship, and teamwork.
Here is a list of awards at Florida Hospital
- The Odessa Chambliss "Quality of Life" award for excellence in patient care in Oncology
- The Excellence in Patient Care in Surgical Services Award
- The Nursing Excellence in Education Award for commitment to professional development and life-long learning
- The Leadership Award for Nurse Managers and Assistant Nurse Managers for elevating the nursing profession
- The Nursing Excellence in Research Award for demonstrating a strong sense of inquiry and utilizing evidence to guide nursing practice
- The Nursing Excellence as a Preceptor/Mentor Award for successful assimilation of new nurses onto the unit
- The Innovativeness in Nursing Practice Award for generating and implementing a new clinical process, service or product.
Florida Hospital also recognizes nurses at the unit level with awards and the Daisy Award for extraordinary nurses each campus.